Wigan GP Alliance: Extended Hours Appointments Available
Did you know that if you’re registered with a practice in the Wigan Borough you can now book an appointment to see a GP and be seen between the hours of 6.30pm to 8.00pm Monday-Friday, 10.00am-4.00pm Saturday-Sunday and bank holidays? Appointments are for routine matters and are all pre-bookable.
As well as routine GP appointments the Wigan GP Alliance are able to offer appointments with Nurses and HCAs for a variety of services and reviews as follows:
- Long term condition reviews* including:
- Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Heart Failure
- Diabetes (annual bloods required at least 3 days prior to review)
- Ischaemic Heart Disease (annual bloods required at least 3 days prior to review).
- Cervical smears
- Contraceptive pill checks
(*If you book an appointment for a long term condition review please ensure you ask for a DOUBLE appointment).
How do I book an appointment?
Telephone 01942 482848 between the hours of 9.30am-7.15pm weekdays and 9.30-3.15pm weekends and bank holidays.
Where will I be seen?
Appointments are available at the following locations:
- Ashton Medical Centre, 120 Wigan Road, Ashton in Makerfield, Wigan WN4 9SU
- Bridgewater Medical Centre (Premier Health Team), Henry Street, Leigh WN7 2PE
- Pemberton Surgery, Sherwood Drive Clinic, Sherwood Drive, Wigan WN5 9QX
- Pennygate Medical Centre, 109 Ladies Lane, Hindley, Wigan WN2 2QG
- Shevington Surgery, Houghton Lane, Shevington, Wigan WN6 8ET
- Tyldesley Health Centre (Intrahealth), Tyldesley Health Centre, Poplar Street, Manchester M29 8AX
- Winstanley Health Centre, Holmes House Avenue, Winstanley, Wigan. WN3 6JN
Please refer to the website for further information at http://www.wigangpalliance.org/home/